The W/LAN includes:
- Fibre distribution switches;
- Access switches;
- Data points;
- UTP and backbone fibre cabling; and
- Wi-Fi Aps
The full network design, implementation, WAN integration, quality acceptance and post implementation troubleshooting has been done for multiple Private and Public sector clients. These networks include 1 of the largest WLAN networks in the country comprising of 2000 APs across an entire metropole.
The WAN last mile peripheral build comprises of:
- Inside plant (ISP);
- Outside plant (OSP); and
- Where applicable a microwave link to the closest point of presence (PoP) is provided as part of the solution via a microwave service provider.
The ISP includes:
- Customer premises router;
- Fibre switch (Aggregation);
- 42U cabinet;
- Fibre patch panel and related cabling as applicable;
- UPS, batteries, power connection to the Distribution Board (DB) and related cabling; and
- Microwave Indoor Unit (IDU), Outdoor Unit (ODU) or power injector as applicable and related cabling.
The OSP includes:
- Fibre from the property border to the dedicated handhole; and Handhole.
- The backhaul fibre provider services includes:
- Fibre provider manhole;
- Dark fibre links to neighbouring access sites as per the ring design; and
- All additional dark fibre required for the access rings and core backbone.