Through its broadband offerings, Altron Nexus plays a leading role in bridging the digital divide in South Africa. Recognising that access to broadband is a key enabler for socio-economic development, Altron Nexus has developed a portfolio of vendor-agnostic broadband solutions for a variety of applications that meet customer-specific requirements.
According to Deon Naidoo, Altron Nexus’s HOD Networks, digital inclusion in South Africa has to be a priority across all sectors and Altron Nexus is well positioned to make it happen.
“Our capacity to provide broadband solutions,” says Deon, “has resulted in a number of ground-breaking projects that have demonstrably made a positive impact on the ability of businesses, government, schools and communities in general to meet their communication needs.”
Altron Nexus’s key broadband offerings are:
- Fixed Broadband (Fibre): Altron Nexus, through Altech Alcom Matomo (AAM), provides turnkey fibre broadband project capabilities, covering project management, route & site surveys, design, procurement, implementation & build, configuration & testing, as well as support & maintenance services.AAM has the skill, capability and track record to successfully deploy full fibre networks comprising CORE, AGGREGRATION and ACCESS layers as well as ODSS/BSS. Altron Nexus partners with various fibre network service providers (Layer2 and Dark Fibre) such as DFA, Liquid, BBI etc. to provide leased fibre options to our customers that are looking for low CAPEX and quick time-to-market solutions.AAM’s fixed broadband solutions comprise fibre products and services that are sourced from a variety of best of breed OEMs, distributors, approved sub-contractors and fibre network service providers.
- Wireless Broadband:
- WiFi – As part of broadband wireless access, Altron Nexus offers WiFi solutions to our customers, thus ensuring effective last mile wireless access to end customers, which includes governmental organisations, schools, training &development centres, clinics etc. This ensures that the benefits of broadband reach the much needed areas of our society, thereby driving socio-economic development where it is most needed. AAM offers turnkey WiFi services, which include design, procurement, implementation & testing, and support & maintenance. We utilise best of breed WiFi OEMs, whose solutions offer a unique value proposition, thus enabling us to give our customers customised solutions to meet their needs.
- Microwave – Altron Nexus provides P-t-P and P-T-MP microwave solutions for backhaul and transport requirements. Altron Nexus also has a national microwave network, which is part of the Altech Network that we are currently packaging to sell as a “Microwave as a Service” offering to our customers and partners.
- GSM-R – As part of GSM coverage for railways, Altron Nexus partners with Huawei to offer GSM-R networks to railway companies. GSM-R ensures that quality mobile services are able to be delivered to individuals travelling at high speeds within trains and through tunnels. Altron Nexus provides end to end services for GSM-R rollout
- LTE – Society and end-user applications are driving the need for higher data rates when it comes to broadband connectivity. Mobility is also another key requirement for broadband connectivity on the move, anywhere and anytime. As part of our wireless broadband offering, Altron Nexus offers LTE Solutions through partnering with best of breed OEMs in the market.